Just so you know, I found this recipe on food.com. This is not my own personal recipe. Feel free to check it out by clicking here! This website also allows you to change the serving size so you don't have to do the math. It is really helpful.
This recipe is for 6 servings.
-1 1/2 lbs of macaroni noodles
-3 tablespoons of butter
-3 tablespoons of flour
-3 cups of half-and-half cream or 3 cups of whole milk
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-3/4 teaspoon paprika
-3/8 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
-3 cups of monterey jack cheese, shredded
-1 1/2 cups of colby-monterey jack cheese, fine shred
1. Start cooking the macaroni as it says on the box. Make sure you check it and stir it every once and a while; you don't want it to overcook.
2. Take a sauce pan and heat it to medium heat. Melt the butter then add the flour. Start to whisk and make a roux. Keep whisking until the mixture starts to boil. Cook for another minute until light brown.
3. Slowly whisk in the cream (I did it a cup at a time). Continue to whisk the mixture until it starts to thicken.
4. Add in the salt, pepper, paprika, and monkery jack cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted. The sauce will still be a little liquidy.
5. Prepare to eat!
1. Pour about a 1/2 cup of cheese sauce in a bowl.
2. Add about 1 cup of cooked noodles.
3. Sprinkle about a 1/2 cup of shredded colby jack on top.
4. Before eating, mix it all up!
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! It was the main dish at my senior recital/graduation party reception! Everyone loved it! I must say though, if you are going to make this for a potluck, be aware that it takes forever to get the cream to thicken when you have so much of it to cook. It is probably faster to cook it in small batches. It was worth the effort in the end!
What do you think? Will you or have you tried this recipe before? Do you have a better recipe? If so, comment below!